Billings Public Schools Forums

Attitudes Toward High School Education in Billings 2004

The recent survey completed for Billings Public Schools by Montana State University - Billings called Attitudes Toward High School Education in Billings 2004: The Results of a Telephone Survey, is available in PDF format by clicking the link below:

Attitudes Toward High School Education in Billings 2004

The survey can also be accessed by clicking the Information link on the main Billings Public Schools website.

• 2 months later...

I'm glad you had the Attitudes... study commissioned and am thankful that we have access to such a wonderful resources through MSU-B. I think the survey highlighted what I think were the common objections to the last school levy vote.

One little aside that I think is worth mentioning: the question concerning whether to favor rebuilding Senior High if it were less expensive than renovating it was really out of line. It's almost like a push poll in that it subtly reinforces the idea that new construction is often a better value.

Only a second rate and/or greedy architect or contractor could come up with a renovation cost estimate that even remotely approached the cost of a new building of equal quality. Unfortunately, there don't seem to be many building professionals in Billings who understand how older buildings work and how to renovate them in a cost effective fashion. But there are some.

Thanks for the opportunity to contribute.

Sincerely,

Ed Gulick

Archived